Monday, September 16, 2013

Something New!

I have been toying with the idea of writing a blog for about a year or so now! I finally decided to take the plunge for several reasons: 1. I made it through my first year of teaching! 2. I'm finally done with my Masters!!! (YAY!) and 3. My cousin really encouraged me to join TeachersPayTeachers, so I figured I could do this! (You can check her blog out at If You Give a Teacher a Treat :))

Just a little background info about me to get started: 


I worked as a universal pre-k teacher for about six months right out of college. It was really just luck! I swear! :) After going on about a dozen interviews and coming in second almost every time due to lack of experience (how do you get it if no one will give it to you?!?!) I watched my little twin cousins for about six months. My cousins were about 2 at the time and I really enjoyed doing things like going to the library with them, and all the other fun things we would do. During this time I decided to go back to school to get my Master's in special education. I went online to Grand Canyon University. I then decided to sub at a local school, Delaware Academy and Central Schools. This eventually helped me land a job as a one year sub in third grade, then I received my Master's last February, while I was teaching 3rd grade. This helped me land my current special education position. I currently do 3rd, 4th, and 8th grade ELA direct consultant and resource room. 


I am hoping to post more about ideas and experiences that I have! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment