Friday, November 22, 2013

SimpleK12

Professional development....we all just love it! Ha! It sure can be a pain in the booty at times, especially when you have to keep track of your hours every year, but I am actually loving it! Yes, I am that dork who loves to learn and find out new information. My school has signed up ad got everyone in the district a subscription is simplek12.com. (Pssst....you can go there for free too! You just might not get credit or be able to do everything!)

Simplek-12 is a website that has articles, webinars, shared materials, and forums for teachers. (I have been all about watching the technology webinars-soooo many ideas now!)  The best part about this website is that they keep track of your professional development hours for you! Yes you don't have to do any of the logging! They also allow you to connect with other educators, which I love! As you do different task you can also recieve points and they have silly fun prizes that you recieve...yes actual prizes. The biggest prize is bunny slippers since it's professional development in your P.J.s! :)

I love this idea on so many levels!

My latest thing I would love to try, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, is flip my classroom. This basically means using more technology for students to DO things and less direct instruction. How am I going to do this? I HAVE NO IDEA! I only have my kiddos for 30 minutes at a time, so I'm going to have to think about this!

Open to suggestions! :)

<3 The Classy Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment