Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving...Gobble! Gobble!

One major part of not having my own classroom that I miss is celebrating the holidays! Since I only have my kiddos for 30 minutes I tried to make the most of it! Every week I use the Write-In Reader, the intervention portion of our reading series, for my 3rd and 4th graders. So I decided to do a little writing with the story, since it was a short week.

I decided to make the pre-writing a little Thanksgiving-ish for this. (The writing had nothing to do with Thanksgiving :-/) Once they were finished with the pre-writing they could put it into their hamburger graphic organizer. I use this hamburger writing ALL THE TIME!! I just find that it works perfectly for my students! I got this from superteacherworksheets.com. (I love this site...it's so worth the subscription!)


Since that really wasn't very Thanksgiving-ish I had students write what their favorite food at Thanksgiving and what they are thankful for. The key was that it had to be a COMPLETE sentence!

 (These didn't come out as cute as I hoped they would, but oh well-better luck next time!)


On Thanksgiving I started my day out with a little 5k! It was a turkey trot fundraiser for Hospice! It was a little snowy and REALLY cold, but totally worth it!

Me (on the right) and my practically little sister, Allyce at the turkey trot!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hopefully you all were stuffed with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and yummy pies!





 Stay Classy 
 <3 The Classy Teacher

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your class had a great time preparing for Thanksgiving. Hope your Christmas was good as well. I'm glad to have found a fellow New York blogger to follow.

    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete